Table of Contents
This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This candy potato bread is ideal for sweater climate with its warming spices and scrumptious comfortable texture. It’s much like pumpkin bread and no mixer is required, making this bread fast, straightforward, and tremendous satisfying!
Is there actually something higher than home made bread? The scent of your house if you pop a loaf within the oven is unforgettable, and this pumpkin bread isn’t any exception! In case you are within the temper for extra tasty breads, it’s best to do that heat and scrumptious Cinnamon Bread, this distinctive and flavorful Apple Bread. You’ll be able to’t go unsuitable with this straightforward but basic Amish Friendship Bread!
Candy Potato Bread
Heat, contemporary, home-cooked bread is difficult to beat. You’ll be able to style the love and energy that went into it, and that’s why I like this fast and straightforward candy potato bread recipe! You don’t need to be good at making bread to have this bread end up completely, and that is smart way to make use of your leftover candy potatoes.
It is a fast bread (generally referred to as a candy bread), not a yeast bread. It is extremely much like pumpkin bread however the taste of the candy potatoes is milder and fewer assertive than pumpkin. So in case you are itching for some fall flavors, however don’t need to put on pumpkin taste out on your loved ones already, this recipe is the proper compromise!
Candy Potato Bread Components
This recipe makes use of components you probably have already got in your pantry. That’s why this recipe is so nice for leftover candy potatoes! You don’t need to exit of your method to create a enjoyable new candy potato deal with.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar has molasses in it, which supplies this bread a deep wealthy taste.
- Vegetable Oil: You can use any oil you favor, like avocado or canola, however I used vegetable oil right here.
- Eggs: I all the time use giant grade A eggs.
- All-Goal flour: All-purpose flour would be the best to work with and make your bread come out good and fluffy.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a leavening agent and can assist your bread rise.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is one other leavening agent that can give your bread a light-weight and fluffy texture.
- Salt: Salt enhances the entire heat flavors on this bread. It additionally balances the sweetness from the sugar and candy potatoes.
- Milk: I like to make use of milk in my bread as a result of the fats retains this bread moist and comfortable. You can use a milk different like almond milk or soy milk to make this bread dairy free.
- Candy Potatoes: Be sure that to prepare dinner and mash your candy potatoes earlier than making this bread. In case you are making your candy potatoes proper now, scroll down to seek out my suggestions for including extra taste to your candy potato.
I like to make use of heat fall spices in my candy breads. You can simply use a spice mix like a pumpkin pie spice, or use stick to what’s listed under.
- Floor Cinnamon: Cinnamon goes completely with the candy potatoes (ever had a cinnamon and marshmallow candy potato casserole?!).
- Floor Nutmeg: Nutmeg provides a nutty and earthy taste to your bread. It brings out the pure earthy flavors of the candy potato.
- Floor Cloves: I completely love the flavour of clove on this bread! If cloves aren’t for you, otherwise you don’t have them available, you should utilize allspice or cardamom as a substitute.
Making Candy Potato Bread
This bread is so easy to make! You can be stunned by how shortly it comes collectively, and the way scrumptious it tastes. It’s also a good way to cross-utilize leftover candy potatoes and provides them a brand new life in a scrumptious manner!
- Spray: Preheat the oven to 350℉ and spray a 9×5 bread pan with pan spray. Put aside.
- Cook dinner Candy Potatoes: In case your candy potatoes will not be already cooked, boil a medium pot of water and add peeled and chopped candy potatoes. Subsequent, boil for 12 minutes till fork tender. Then drain and let cool earlier than mashing or operating by means of a potato ricer.
- Combine: In a big bowl mix the brown sugar and oil. Then add the eggs and blend till simply mixed.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk to mix.
- Stir in Dry Components: Add the dry components to the sugar combination alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Gently stir within the mashed candy potatoes.
- Bake: Add the batter to the ready bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle. Let cool utterly earlier than slicing.
Wish to add depth of taste to this candy bread? Here’s a fast and straightforward tip that can elevate this recipe- as a substitute of boiling the candy potatoes, roast them! Then observe the bread recipe as written.
- Within the Oven: Put together your candy potatoes by peeling and slicing them into one-inch squares, and place on a pan with loads of your oil of selection. Then prepare dinner them within the oven at 425 levels till fork tender. If that is your first time roasting candy potatoes, observe my Roasted Honey Cinnamon Butter Candy Potatoes recipe for the very best candy potatoes you’ve ever had!
Retailer this Candy Potato Bread
Maintain this bread moist and comfortable for as much as 4 days by following these storage suggestions.
- On the Counter: As soon as the bread is totally cooled to room temperature, place it on a plate with plastic wrap and depart it on the counter for as much as 4 days.
- Within the Freezer: You’ll be able to retailer this bread for as much as 3 months within the freezer in an hermetic plastic bag. Gently heat at room temperature earlier than consuming.
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and spray a 9×5 bread pan with pan spray. Put aside.
In case your candy potatoes will not be already cooked, boil a medium pot of water and add peeled and chopped candy potatoes. Boil for 12 minutes till fork tender. Drain and let cool earlier than mashing or operating by means of a potato ricer.
In a big bowl mix the brown sugar and oil. Add the eggs and blend till simply mixed.
In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk to mix.
Add the dry components to the sugar combination alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Gently stir within the mashed candy potatoes.
Add the batter to the ready bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle. Let cool utterly earlier than slicing.
Energy242kcal (12%)Carbohydrates52g (17%)Protein5g (10%)Fats2g (3%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.3gMonounsaturated Fats1gTrans Fats0.004gLdl cholesterol42mg (14%)Sodium247mg (10%)Potassium167mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar28g (31%)Vitamin A2435IU (49%)Vitamin C0.4mgCalcium59mg (6%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info relies on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.