This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
The last word facet dish, this fast and simple creamed corn recipe is one you’ll come again to repeatedly! It’s buttery, creamy, and the right mix of savory and candy!
Aren’t creamy facet dishes the perfect? They’re the right consolation meals! In the event you’re searching for extra flavorful, hearty sides, you’ll should attempt my traditional creamed peas and potatoes, creamed spinach, or these tacky parmesan garlic brussels sprouts!
The BEST Creamed Corn Recipe
It’s time to place that may of creamed corn away as a result of this recipe goes to vary your life! This creamed corn is so buttery and flavorful, it’s love at first chew! Contemporary garlic, onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne make it style completely dreamy. It’s the right approach so as to add slightly hearty, creamy goodness to any dinner. The good factor is, this recipe is nice for customizing too. So whether or not you need to add slightly extra kick or some shredded parmesan (yum!) be happy to change it up! (I’ve some tasty concepts for you beneath!)
No matter the way you tweak your batch of creamed corn, one factor is certain- your loved ones received’t have the ability to get sufficient! It’s the right consolation meals and so irresistible! This creamed corn is a good option to serve at all your potlucks and barbecues because the summer season involves a detailed. (It’s additionally an incredible Thanksgiving facet; it’s by no means too early to start out planning!) Nothing rings in fall like heat, buttery corn dishes! With taste this good, chances are you’ll simply need to make it year-round.
Components You’ll Want
Able to make the perfect creamed corn of your life? Right here’s my checklist of requirements! The mixture of those components creates essentially the most savory, creamy taste that your family and friends will go loopy over. All measurements may be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Unsalted Butter: I used unsalted butter in order that the flavour of the creamed corn is sweet and wealthy with out being overly salty.
- Minced Garlic: If you need the perfect savory taste, go for contemporary garlic!
- Corn: Use what you have got available! You should use frozen, canned, or contemporary corn. Simply make certain no matter you employ is thawed and drained.
- Heavy Cream: No creamed corn is full with out heavy cream! That is what makes the dish so indulgent and attractive. You may as well use half and half as an alternative.
- Kosher Salt: I at all times go for kosher salt as a result of it doesn’t have the bitter aftertaste that desk salt often does.
- Black Pepper: Freshly cracked is greatest!
- Onion Powder: Onion powder provides savory taste and only a trace of sweetness to your complete batch of creamed corn.
- Granulated Sugar: You solely want a pair tablespoons of sugar to steadiness out the flavors on this dish.
- Entire Milk: The excessive fats content material in complete milk is what makes this recipe so delish! Sorry weight loss plan!
- All-Objective Flour: Retains your creamed corn from being runny.
- Cayenne Pepper: (Non-obligatory) I at all times add a pinch for some heat spice, however you possibly can at all times add extra when you prefer it scorching!
Let’s Make Creamed Corn!
Not solely is that this creamed corn completely scrumptious, however it’s prepared in lower than 10 minutes! (Psst: when you’re brief on time, use frozen corn for even faster prep!)
- Soften Butter: Soften the butter in a medium saucepan over medium warmth.
- Cook dinner Garlic: Add the minced garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add Components: Add the corn kernels, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and sugar to your pan. Stir to mix.
- Flour Combination: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the milk and flour. Pour into corn combination and stir to mix.
- Cook dinner: Cook dinner on medium warmth, stirring continually for five minutes, or till thickened and corn is cooked.
- Further Seasonings: Season with extra salt, pepper, and/or cayenne pepper if desired.
Ideas and Variations
Listed here are a couple of easy methods to customise your creamed corn and even flip it right into a corn casserole! That is simply considered one of my all-time favourite facet dishes. I do know you and yours will like it simply as a lot!
- Add Thickness: A good way so as to add thickness to your creamed corn is by including pulp! You possibly can simply make some by mixing a few of your corn with an immersion blender or meals processor after which stirring it in with the remainder of your components.
- Add Spice: If you need your creamed corn to have some kick, add extra cayenne pepper to style and even throw in some chopped jalapenos.
- Add Cheese: Cheese makes all the things higher! Attempt including slightly grated parmesan cheese to your creamed corn for melty, tacky taste.
- Make it a Casserole: To make your creamed corn right into a casserole, all you’ll want is a field of Jiffy corn muffin combine and slightly butter and bitter cream! Yow will discover my full recipe right here. It’s such an incredible facet, you’re going to like it!
This fast and simple recipe is ideal for making forward. Upon getting a scrumptious batch of creamed corn able to go, right here’s preserve it tasting contemporary and scrumptious within the fridge!
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your corn will keep good for 3-4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Freeze in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day earlier than reheating.
- To Reheat: Heat leftover creamed corn over the range on medium-low warmth, stirring continuously.
Soften the butter in a medium saucepan over medium warmth.
Add the minced garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds.
Add the corn, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and sugar. Stir to mix.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the milk and flour. Pour into corn combination and stir to mix.
Cook dinner on medium warmth, stirring continually for five minutes, or till thickened and corn is cooked.
Season with extra salt, pepper, and/or cayenne pepper if desired.
Serving1cupEnergy362kcal (18%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein8g (16%)Fats21g (32%)Saturated Fats12g (60%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats5gTrans Fats0.2gLdl cholesterol55mg (18%)Sodium487mg (20%)Potassium425mg (12%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar14g (16%)Vitamin A1112IU (22%)Vitamin C9mg (11%)Calcium65mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.